People living in Hampshire and on The Isle of Wight can now easily access information about road traffic collisions that have led to an injury with a new online resource.
In addition to the existing CrimeReports website, which is a mapping system updated every day to reflect reports of a variety of types of crime across the force area. A new dedicated resource is now available solely to show the location of injury-related road traffic collisions.
TraffWeb will be updated every six months following the investigation of incidents and will show the location of fatal, serious, and slight injury collisions. In addition the location of fixed, mobile, and decommissioned speed camera sites can also be displayed.
Go to the website at www.tvphampshiretraffweb.co.uk and you can:
- Use the search tool and find a location for anywhere in the force area – for example ‘Red Lion inn’.
- Search for specific accident types, which can be switched on or off using the legend.
- Zoom in and out or reposition the map.
- Place the cursor over a feature to display key information.
- Click on a feature to view more detailed information.
- Enter specific dates and times for accident locations..
- Initially data from January 2011 to June 2014 will be added to TraffWeb. This will then be updated twice per year.
As more features are added to the website users will also be able to see the number of speed offences prosecuted on each camera site by moving the cursor over the specific location.