Friends Matthew Thomas, Simon Schulze, Daniel Nott and Alex Iddles are tackling the London Marathon in an effort to raise over £4500 for Enham Trust.
Matthew said “If you are not in a position to offer sponsorship, please share this post amongst your friends and their friends and their friends to raise awareness and help us raise the money needed.”
He also gave some examples of how Enham could use your sponsorship to advance the lives of people living with physical and learning disabilities. These included:
- £50 could pay for a special gardening tool designed to be used from sitting height, thereby unlocking the joy of gardening for wheelchair users
- £100 could pay for a foot mouse, making it possible for someone who does not have use of their hands to use a computer
- £150 would provide skills training and support for a disabled person to be able to cook for themselves in their own kitchen
- £250 – £300 could buy a talking microwave, which makes it possible for visually impaired people to prepare their own meal
- £500 could pay for help towards redecorating someone’s home or a much needed holiday
- £1,000 could pay for a speech generation device, giving a voice to a disabled person with speech difficulties, or could fund one person’s participation in our Radio Enham work placement and skills development project for a whole year
- £5,000 could cover the cost of fitting a highly accessible kitchen complete with height-adjustable sinks, hobs and worktops, including sockets at the front of the counter top for easy access, and accessible ovens enabling a disabled person to be able to cook in their own kitchen and live more independently.
You can help and donate online using the Virgin Money website at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/lm2015 and are collecting donation in Asda tomorrow (Saturday 11th April).