As part of Hampshire County Council’s Operation Resilience, a list of roads expected to be closed for resurfacing work has been announced.
There are no fixed dates although the Period of Order is “from 2 April 2015 for a period of 12 months or until completion of the works, whichever is sooner.” Dates will be posted as they become available.
The list of roads are:
- Netherton Road, Linkenholt/Hurstbourne Tarrant (Bourne Valley) from Upton Road to Newbury Road
- A343 Newbury Rd, Enham Alamein/Smannell /Hurstbourne Tarrant (Bourne Valley, Alamein) from Church Street to Saxon Way
- Sunnyside Close, Charlton (Charlton) from Whole length
- A343 Newbury Road, Andover (Alamein) from Smannell Road to Saxon Way
- A343 Newbury Road, Andover (Alamein) from Rail bridge to Smannell Road
- A3057 Winchester Road, Andover (Winton) from Old Winton Road to A303
- Hedge End Road, Andover (Winton) from Dunmow Road to Leigh Road
- A343 Salisbury Road, Over Wallop/Nether Wallop (Over Wallop/Broughton & Stockbridge) from Ringwold Drove to B3084 Romsey Road
Operation Resilience continues to make more of Hampshire’s roads resilient to the effects of extreme weather and increasingly heavy traffic as part of a long term strategy to ‘future-proof’ the network.
These will be as signed where an alternative route is available.
Duration of Works
The road is expected to be closed at times if applicable and on days to be signed on site.
Pedestrian and reasonable access to adjoining properties will be available.
If you have any queries regarding the diversion or works contact Roads on behalf of Hampshire County Council, telephone 0300 555 1388 or email email@example.com.
For all other enquiries please contact Mayur Patel, telephone 01264 368727 on behalf of the Head of Planning Policy and Transport.