Would you like to grow your own fruit and vegetables but don’t have an allotment? Then the Andover Garden Share scheme may be able to help.
Garden Share is where people who have no garden are given access to one that is owned by someone who either can’t cope with it or aren’t minded to have one.
Often seen as a private allotment, each garden is matched with owner and gardener so that they are matched up based on capabilities and expectations.
So who would make use of a Garden Share? People such as:
- Families and people living in flats with no garden
- A family with a garden too small to play and grow things
Andover currently has one operation garden share scheme located off Weyhill Road (see the images below) that has been running successfully for over a year now. In addition there are currently three gardens available to prospective gardeners in:
- Vigo Road – 10 foot x 20 foot + dwarf fruit trees, for keen & knowledgable gardener
- Apsley Close – 20 foot x 10 foot
- River Way – 40 foot x 40 foot, grass + borders, for any enthusiatic person and dog lover
If you are interested in taking up a garden share, then please get in touch with the team via their Facebook or Twitter pages: