A Flood Warning has been issued by the Environment Agency for Andover on the River Anton as at 6.45pm on Monday 17th February. Flooding is expected for Andover, Upper Clatford, and Goodworth Clatford on the River Anton .
River levels have continued to fall slightly in the last 24 hours but remain high. Groundwater levels are still very high and continue to rise adding additional flow in the river especially around Charlton Road.
The Met office has forecast showers through until Friday which have the potential to increase river levels further. Properties close to the river should remain prepared for flooding.
This Flood Warning will be updated on Tuesday 18th February 2014 at 21:00
- Act now to protect yourself and your property.
- If it’s safe to do so, block doors with flood boards or sandbags and cover airbricks and other ventilation holes.
- If you are caught in a flash flood, get to higher ground. Stay away from flood water and don’t take risks.
- Move family, pets and valuables to a safe place.
- Keep a flood kit ready including a torch, batteries, fully charged mobile phone, warm clothes, water, food and any prescription medicines you may need.
- If it’s safe, make sure your neighbours are aware of the situation and offer help to anyone who may need it.
- Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.
- Turn off gas, electricity and water if your property is about to flood. Never touch an electrical switch if you are standing in water.
- Call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 using quickdial 0122213 for up-to-date flooding information.
- Keep an eye on local water levels and weather conditions.
The Environment Agency website contains details of river level and flooding information and can be accessed at www.environment-agency.gov.uk.
Environment Agency South East
Solent & South Downs Resilience Team
Guildbourne House, Chatsworth Road
Worthing, Sussex, BN11 1LD
Telephone Floodline on: 0845 988 1188