Danebury Iron Age Hill Fort is one of Hampshire County Council’s top outdoor venues that have been recognised by the Government as safe and high quality places to support children’s learning.
It has now received The Learning Outside the Classroom (LOtC) Quality Badge, part of the government’s £4.5m Out and About package, designed to make it easier for teachers to identify providers of quality educational visits.
The other venues were:
- Staunton Country Park, Havant.
- Lepe Country Park, New Forest
- Queen Elizabeth Country, East Hampshire .
- Manor Farm Country Park, Eastleigh.
- Royal Victoria Country Park, near Southampton
- Basingstoke Canal.
- Yateley Common Country Park.
- Farley Mount Country Park, Winchester.
- Titchfield Haven National Nature Reserve and Visitor Centre, Fareham.
- Calshot Activities Centre, in the New Forest.
- Tile Barn Outdoor Centre, in the New Forest.
- Hampshire Record Office, in Winchester.