HCC are proposing to undertake a review of local bus and community transport services in Hampshire – this is likely to have implications upon a number of bus services, subsidises and potentially the use of concessionary fares for many Test Valley residents.
The consultation period will run from today (Tuesday 4th March 2014) until the end of May 2014 – you are urged to completed the form if you or your organisation is likely to be affected.
What is this consultation about?
Hampshire County Council needs to save £1.25-£1.5 million from public and community transport spending by 2015/16 and this consultation form aims to collect the views and preferences of individual users to aid us in the decision making process.
A separate consultation form can be completed to collect the views and preferences of groups and organisations.
What does Hampshire County Council currently spend and provide?
Currently Hampshire County Council spends £4.7 million on supporting local bus service and ferries across Hampshire, with a further £1 million spent on supporting community transport services.
The County Council supports 200 bus services across the county, which accounts for 28% of bus journeys, the other 72% being made on commercial services which do not receive a subsidy from the County Council.
The bus services supported by the County Council cater for around 4 million of the 30 million bus passenger trips in Hampshire in a year. In addition to this Hampshire County Council spends £13.4 million on concessionary fares providing people with older, disabled and companion passes and travel vouchers.
How can I take part in this consultation?
By completing and returning this consultation form by 31 May 2014 . There are four
sections to this form:
- Section 1 asks questions about you;
- Section 2 asks questions about how you use our services;
- Section 3 asks questions about how the proposed changes may affect you;
- Section 4 asks questions about alternative services.
This consultation form is available to download or complete online from Wednesday 5th March 2014 at:
Consultation response forms are also available in large print.
Please return your completed consultation response form by 31 May 2014 to:
Passenger Transport Group
Hampshire County Council
48-52 Andover Road
Winchester, SO23 7BH
Telephone: 01962 846785