A 20 year old Andover woman who was described as “kind and loving” has died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning while on a camping holiday in Devon.
Bethan O’Brien, 20, from Andover in Hampshire, was on a surfing trip in Braunton, Devon (5 miles west of Barnstaple) when her friends woke and found her unconscious on Sunday morning at around 6:30am.
Paramedics were called and tried to revive her but she died at the scene. Her two friends were taken to North Devon District Hospital to be checked over.
A spokeswoman for Devon and Cornwall Police said: ”We were called to a campsite in Saunton Road in Braunton after a 20-year-old woman from Hampshire died.”
”Police are not treating the death as suspicious. Next of kin have been informed and formal identification is being carried out.”
”A post-mortem will be carried out to establish a cause of death.”