Andover Trees United are holding an Extraordinary General Meeting at The Globe on Monday to discuss proposed changing from an unregistered not-for-profit organisation to a registered charity.
Whilst members are entitled to attend, interested members of the public can also attend although will not be allowed to vote.
Andover Trees United is holding an Extraordinary General Meeting to which all members are entitled to attend.
By signing up to receive information and notifications you are deemed to be a member.
- WHEN: Monday 7th April 8.00pm
- WHERE: The Globe (upstairs meeting room), High St, Andover
- WHY: It is proposed that Andover Trees United changes from an unregistered not-for-profit organisation to a registered charity. Some simple changes to the constitution are therefore needed.
The change in status is necessary because of the levels of funding involved in pursuing the organisation’s aims and objectives. The changes will also make it possible for Andover Trees United to employ staff if it is deemed necessary.
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO:
1) Be at The Globe, 8pm on the 7th April
2) Please read the constitution and proposed changes. Link here:
N.B. The clauses highlighted in blue are still in debate, require further discussion and are subject to change
3) After reading, & by Sunday April 5th at the latest, please inform us BY EMAIL of any further amendments you would wish to see.
If possible, the committee will consider all suggestions in advance of the meeting; if suggestions are adopted, they will be included in the final draft for adoption at the EGM. HOWEVER, if the committee is unable to meet in advance of the EGM, a MAXIMUM discussion time of 1 hour will be allowed during the EGM to consider any suggested amendments including the clauses highlighted blue (see 2 above).
We genuinely seek your views and hope to see you at The Globe on the 7th.