Drivers are advised of overnight lane closures on the A303 around Andover starting tomorrow (Tuesday 12th May) and lasting two weeks.
The lane closure will be in place between the Salisbury Road and the Winchester Road junctions on both carriageways overnight, between 9pm and 6am, from Tuesday 12 May for two weeks (Monday to Friday only).
The work is due to sign maintenance.
Safety at roadworks:
Highways England is working with the industry and road users to reduce the risks of working on the roads. For the safety of road workers and all road users, when you are approaching roadworks:
- Keep within the speed limit – it is there for your safety.
- Get into the correct lane in good time – don’t keep switching.
- Concentrate on the road ahead, not the roadworks.
- Be alert for works’ traffic leaving or entering roadworks.
- Keep a safe distance – there could be queues in front.
- Observe all signs – they are there to help you.
- And be alert for road workers, the roads are their workplace.
Members of the public enquiring about the works should contact the Highways England customer contact centre on 0300 123 5000.